Milwaukee Lionel Railroad Club, Inc.
  2721 South Calhoun Road
New Berlin Wisconsin 53151-3513

The Lionel RR Club was founded  January 1947. 
Our club is the second oldest club in the state of Wisconsin.

See who started our Club, go to Founder's page

CLUB HISTORY TIMELINE

1947 Club forms and first layout begun in basement of founder's parents home.
1949
 
Joshua Lionel Cowen grants permission for group to call itself LIONEL RAILROAD CLUB
1958 Lionel Railroad Club basement layout opens to general public
1965 Club begins activities with the Society of Model Engineers at MSOE
1971 Particpates in first Milwaukee area "Trainfest" show sponsored by the local division of the National Model Railroad Association. 
1972 Organizes first shopping center based model railroad show at Southgate Mall.
1975 Club move's from founder's home to rented quarters at 7933 W. Burleigh St
1976 Club incorporates in Wisconsin as a "not-for-profit" educational organization.
1977 Holds first "Round Robin" tour of member's home layouts.

1982

Club President organizes "Association of Model Railroad Clubs" (A.M.R.C) to promote and coordinate local model train shows.

1984

Club moves from Burleigh Street to larger space at 10236 West Fond du Lac Avenue. Constructs and scenics a large layout for simultaneous operation of five trains.
1996 First participation in local public television's annual fund drives.
1987 First participation in local museum and zoo holidayexhibits.
1998 Club receives 501(C)(3) tax-exempt status for all donations.
2002 Club purchases and moves to a permanent location in New Berlin, Wisconsin.

2007

Layout constructuion continues in new quarters with three large layouts, including a Standard Gauge loop and Hellgate Bridge. Club celebrates its' 60th Anniversary with various events throughout the year.
2009 Acquired 500+ piece antique toy train collection.


Home    Return to top of page